MetraSCAN 3D laser scanner is the new product announced by Creaform, which is 12X faster and can tackle black, multicolored and shiny surfaces with metrology accuracy for applications directly on the shop floor
The MetraSCAN 3D is very intuitive and easy to use, ensuring short learning curves and operation by any level of user. Customers from the manufacturing, automotive and aerospace industries can look forward to the following enhancements:
- 1.5X more accurate: Volumetric accuracy of 0.064 mm (0.0025 in.) regardless of environment instabilities
- Fastest 3D scanner on the market: Features the highest measurement rate among all laser scanners with 480,000 measurements/second—12 times faster than the previous generation
- New light, sturdy design for shop-floor hardware reliability: Offers enhanced user experience as well as profitable time and cost benefits for operators
- Available in 350 and 750 models—and both in Standard and Elite version: Users can choose the speed and accuracy matching their requirements
- And much more! Detailed information about the new functionalities and technical specifications are available on the website.
Thanks to TRUaccuracy, the MetraSCAN 3D’s optical-based data acquisition process provides measurement accuracy for small to large parts and assemblies that are insensitive to the instabilities of the environment. Efficient on black, multicolored and shiny surfaces, the system helps manufacturers to quickly address potential quality control issues at any stage of the production cycle, regardless of part complexity and material.
“Finding a versatile and portable measurement solution that still maintains the same level of performance in busy manufacturing environments can be a tough challenge for quality control managers and production operators,” explains Marco St-Pierre, Vice President, Innovation and Technologies. “With a strong focus on our customers’ application needs, our goal is to make our optical CMM 3D scanner the new face of shop-floor quality control.”
For more in-depth quality control procedures, users can add single-point measurements with the new HandyPROBE Next portable CMM, which, along with the MetraSCAN 3D, is compatible with VXinspect, Creaform’s dimensional inspection software.